Membership year coincides with the calendar year, i.e. from January 1st to December 31st.
For your information, ESPEN offers 3 membership categories :
1. Individual member for € 120 per year click here to join or renew (Login)
2. Junior member for € 40 per year, if you are under the age of 32 click here to join or renew (Login)
3. Senior member for € 40 per year, if you are over the age of 65 click here to join or renew (Login)
There are many membership benefits, all of which are valid throughout the year of subscription (including on-line access to Clinical Nutrition).
Membership starts on the day your subscription is accepted, and ends on the 31st of December of the same year.
2018 Membership benefits includes
- 20% discount on registration at the main annual congress in the field, i.e. The ESPEN Congress on Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism to be held in Madrid, Spain, from September 1 to 4, 2018. This discount is not valid for those registering to the congress as "Students". To register to the congress as member, kindly provide upon registration your 8 digits personal discount code to be found in the text of your confirmation of subscription email
- reduced rate for registration to the annual ESPEN Advanced Course on Clinical Nutrition, Zagreb, Croatia, October 5-10, 2018
- reduced rate for registration to the 6th ESPEN Workshop on Perioperative Nutrition, Nottingham, UK, October 14-15, 2018
- priority access for registration to the ESPEN Experts' Courses (see our news for scheduled courses)
- a free online subscription to the best European journal in clinical nutrition and metabolism through espen.org : Clinical Nutrition. Members will also receive the printed version of the entire subscription year for Clinical Nutrition. That means, no matter what month you register for ESPEN membership, you will receive all journal's Vol. of your subscription year (if membership subscription is made before November 1st, 2018). Though, for members joining later in the year (after January 31, 2018), you may expect a 4 months delay before receiving the past issues of the 2018 year from Elsevier
- a free online subscription to Clinical Nutrition ESPEN. Clinical Nutrition ESPEN is an electronic-only journal published bi-monthly and is also available by login through your ESPEN member account.
- a free access to Clinical Nutrition Experimental which promotes mainly basic science in the field of Clinical Nutrition
- the ESPEN Newsletter
- access to the archived educational Congress Presentations database since 2001
- reduced rates for the LLL Live Modules – these courses aim at a certificate in clinical nutrition and/or becoming a teacher in clinical nutrition in your own country. ESPEN membership is required to become an LLL Teacher
- access to LLLnutrition.com with same username and password
- access to Research Fellowship Grant
- access to Travel Fellowship for communications at the annual congress
- the best way to be part of an organized action to promote recognition of clinical nutrition
Note: If you are a member of a National PEN Society that has signed a blockmembership agreement with ESPEN, you are entitled to a special rate of € 90 per year that gives you the same benefits as an individual member. Your national PEN society will bill you for your National + ESPEN membership and will then pay ESPEN. You cannot repay your membership fees online on this web site.